Saturday 5 September 2015

The Creature

I've always loved to be different, and recently I've become more and more into the Goth-Punk subculture. When I first started dressing like a crazed demented psycopath, I really wasn't sure where to buy my accessories. Unfortunately it took me a while to realise that I may not have had to spend a cent. To help you with your fashion journey, I thought I'd do a series on how to DIY your own fashion ensemble.

Essential No. 1

Writlets

All you really need for these are some of those cheap T-Shirt material under-sleeves. You have a few options; you could rip them creatively, like these awesome ones here:





Or, if that's not hardcore enough for you, you can put safety pins all over them too. Here's one I made myself.







Becoming B.A
(Boscoe Alan Baracus)

I've been dubbed 'The child of B.A Baracus'. I layer the bracelets and rings. My family hates it. I love it.

No, you say to yourself. I don't look like that. I don't wear that much. I don't look that threatening. One day you will look in the mirror and have an epiphany. About two things;

1. You do look like that.
2. You don't mind.

Here's my take on the punk B.A look






I have a denim waist coat, which, if you're going for the Baracus, is a must-have.



Rings

I like to get a little Wanda Maximoff with my rings. The trick is rose-gold pinkie rings and a lot of eclectic metals.





Gunmetal and huge skull rings look great too, if you like the biker look. Just pick what works best for you.



Cuffs/Bracelets

A must have of every punk; spikes. Spikes, spikes, spikes. It becomes an obsession. I cannot resist passing up anything spiky anymore, much to the consternation of my family. Here's why I'm a bit of a black sheep;











Makeup



I don't wear any outrageous makeup, but here are some gorgeous looks if only for inspiration




Piercings


The one piercing I would really love is a septum nose piercing, but, since I'm underaged I have to wait till I'm 18.



Other piercings include shark tooth piercings-on the lower lip, in the same place as your canines-, canine piercings-on the top lip, in the same place as your canines-, jestrum piercings, bridge piercings, etc.

For those of you who would love piercings, but are underage, here are some great alternatives;






And if these are too girly or hipster for you, don't worry! There are loads of other, more taseful ones out there. I just couldn't dig up any good pics. Shops like Lovisa, Accessorieze or Claire's may have what you're looking for if you know what to ask for. It's all a matter of luck. For instance, I got a huge set of gunmetal earcuffs from Lovisa for a song. You just have to keep going back.



Jestrum:




Bridge:




No comments:

Post a Comment